On the Occasion of World Cancer Day, Vikasatarangini Srikakulam conducted two mega medical camps at Lakshmudupeta village, Etcherla mandal and Dr. Ambedkar University, Srikakulam on 3rd February 2019 respectively.
Medical Camp at Lakshmudupeta village, Etcherla mandal (03rd Feb 19) :
The camp was conducted in collaboration with team of doctors from GEMS srikakulam (Smt. Lakshmi Vasavi, Pathologist, Asst. Professor, RIMS Srikakulam, Sri M.Uday Kiran, MD General Medicine, Smt K.Ramya, Anaesthetist, Asst Professor) and Technicians from Zenith Diagnostics Lab for blood and urine tests.
Around 120 people in this village for the benefited by this Medical Camp. 31 Blood Tests for Hb, Blood Glucose and 07 Thyroid Tests were conducted.
- Blood Tests -31
- Thyroid Tests -7
- Hb Tests
- Blood Glucose
Antibiotics and Free Medicine distributed for the needy. Among these, the following cases are treated.
- Lung Infection – 2
- BP around 20
- Wounds – 3
- Low Back Pain and Joint Pains – 25
- Low Back Pain
- Joint Pains
- Tumours – 2 (benign 1, malignant suspect 01 referred to Higher Centres), Stroke 1 (follow up), Severe Anaemia – 5, Thyroid – 1, Diarrhoea – 2)
Dearth of Basic medical amenities, absence of 104 Vehicle visit in the village as shook Sri M Bhupala Rao, and worked with Vikasa Tarangini for conducting medical camp. Our team of Doctors mentioned thet people are being misdiagnosed and wrongly treated by RMPs resulting grave side effects. RMPs are unable to treat common diseases like hypertension and diabetes.
Most of the people with joint pains are being treated with painkillers years together leading to kidney problems, women are anaemic and children are undernourished.
We thanked Smt Dr. Vasavi from Zenith Diagnostics who sponsored Free Kits for Diagnoses.
Medical Camp at Dr. Ambedkar University, Srikakulam(4th Feb 2019):
Vikasa Tarangini Srikakulam in collaboration with GEMS Hospital, Lions Club, Indian Dental Association conducted mega medical awareness programme and mega medical camp on the occasion of World Cancer Day 4th Feb,2019 at Dr. Ambedkar University, Srikakulam
The following have attended programme
- Dr.K. Ramjee, Vice Chancellor,Ambedkar University,
- Dr.G.Tulasi Rao, Principal Ambedkar University
- Dr. M. Venkataramana, Oncologist, GEMS,Srikakulam
- Dr. Rama Chandra Raju ,Vice Chancellor, Krishna University, Guntur
- Dr. K. Sreeramulu, Indian Institute of Information Technology, Director, Etcherla,
- S. Mohanrao, Lions Club President(Rtd CEO SETSRI)
- B. Lakshmanarao, Academic Director,Vaishnavi Engg college.
- Dr P. Satheesh, Indian Dental Association Secretary,Srikakulam.
- Dr. P.Prakash, NTR Vaidya Seva Dist. Coordinator
- Dr. D.Praveen GEMS coordinator.
- Smt. M. Usha Sree, Vikasatarangini Dist. Coordinator Attended the programme.
By this programme around 500 students for made aware of the cancer causes and treatment. medical camp have conducted blood test group, hb, eye and tests.
Oncologist Dr Venkata Ramana spoke about various risk factors causing cancer, preventive measures, and about cervical cancer vaccine.
Smt. Usha Sree, VT Dist coordinator raised the awareness on cancer and also addressed the gathering with the key points regarding Mahila Arogya Vikas and it’s detailed report . Both Medical Camps became very useful to all sections of the people.